International students: come and study at CESI Graduate School of Engineering.
Students from all over the world, you are welcome to CESI Graduate School of Engineering. Our services and our teams are dedicated to you.
You wish to come and study for a semester or a year as an exchange student in our school? CESI Graduate School of Engineering has over a hundred partnerships throughout the world.
CESI School of Engineering hosts every year students from all over the world on academic exchange or research internships. These students may come from a partner institution or may be students on mobility with a “Free mover” status outside partnership.
Partner institutions of CESI Graduate School of Engineering
If your home university is a partner of our school, please check with the “International Relations” department of your institution if you are eligible for a mobility program in our school. As our programs are based on active pedagogy, per problem and project, we do not offer a list of courses but semesters with programs built on these projects. You therefore do not have the possibility to choose your own subjects.
We can also welcome students from institutions not in partnership with our school. We offer a “free mover” program for each international student in a non-partnership exchange program. It amounts to €4,000 per semester of study. For more information about our exchange programs, terms and conditions and language requirements, please refer to our information sheet for the second semester 2020 and and contact us !
Admission to our school of engineering
You wish to apply for a degree at CESI Graduate School of Engineering, outside the exchange program?
Every year CESI Graduate School of Engineering enrolls students from all over the world in its various engineering training programs or in its preparatory programs.
- Admission to the integrated preparatory cycle
The integrated preparatory cycle, accessible after a technological or scientific secondary school leaving certificate equivalent to the French High School Certificate, lasts two years.
These two years of training are part of the five-year engineering course.
- Admission to the engineering cycle
The engineering cycles lead in three years to the engineering diploma and are accessible after two or three years of higher education in scientific or technical fields. Admission to the engineering cycle is based on a selection process. The examinations are held in France and in many other countries.
For non-European students, courses are only accessible under student status. Applications are submitted via the “Etudes en France” platform.
An excellence scholarship may be awarded to the best non-EU international students by an internal award jury. This scholarship may amount to up to €2000.
A level of proficiency in French equivalent to B2 is required to join our school of engineering in five years.
Knowledge of English is also compulsory.
A minimum level equivalent to B2 as defined by the CEFR is required in these two languages to complete the engineering degree.
Other admission programs
“Pre-diploma in engineering” in partnership with the “n+i” network
This one-year preparatory program of upgrading courses in language (in French or English), mathematics, science, trains students to complete the three year engineering degree and increase their chances of success.
Our school handles the first year and then the student may either enter one of the schools in the network or continue his/her engineering training at CESI School of Engineering.
The Pre-DI is not a degree in France but confers 60 ECTS transferable under certain conditions to the country of origin.
- Students with at least a national diploma from their country, certifying 2 years of higher education (e.g. Associate degree).
- Students holding a 3-year Higher Education degree or Bachelor’s degree but without the required language and/or science levels.
- In French: level A2 according to the CEFRL is required. If the student does not reach this level, he or she may attend an intensive language course before the beginning of the Pre-DI program.
Find out more about the PIL (language integration package) of nplusi.
- In English : if the applicant has an A2 level in French, a good level of English is required : IELTS> 6, TOEFL (paper)> 600, TOEFL (internet)> 90, TOEIC> 850. If the applicant is French-speaking or has a level equivalent to B2 in French, the pre-requisite in English is A2
“PreMaster” in partnership with the “n+i” network
This one-year preparatory program is intended for international students with a Bachelor’s degree seeking to further integrate the last two years of a Master’s program in an engineering school.
This course does not lead to a degree, but is equivalent to a total of 60 ECTS. It combines intensive language courses (English or French depending on the profile), scientific courses, technical courses and engineering methods.
- Students with a Bachelor’s degree or a Bachelor’s degree in the subject studied in the Master’s program, who do not have the language and/or science requirements.
- In French: A2 level as defined by the CEFRL is required. If the student does not have this level, he or she can attend an intensive language course before the start of the Pre-DI program.
Find out more about the PIL (language integration package) from nplusi.
- In English: if the applicant has an A2 level in French, a good level of English is required: IELTS> 6, TOEFL (paper)> 600, TOEFL (internet)> 90, TOEIC> 850. If the applicant is French-speaking or proves to have a level equivalent to B2 in French, the level of English required is A2
International student integration program
This one-year preparatory program enables the integration of international students with a scientific or technical Bachelor’s degree level in the following two areas of specialization:
- Industrial engineering
- Civil engineering & construction
This training strengthens the level of language proficiency of the students in order to reach B2 level in French or English and validate the scientific and technical knowledge. The students can thus integrate the specialty programs from the second semester with the help of a specific teaching method, and be supported in their study and professional project in France.
Academic requirements :
- Students with a scientific or technical Bachelor’s degree related to industrial or civil engineering
Language requirements :
- In French : a minimum A2 level as defined by the CEFR is required if the applicant also has a good level of English. If the applicant is not proficient in English, a level equivalent to at least B2 is expected in French.
- In English: if the applicant is French-speaking or has a level equivalent to B2 in French, a minimum A2 level in English is required. B2 level is expected in English if the applicant has a level equivalent to A2 or B1 in French.
Student services and formalities
Welcoming international students is one of CESI Graduate School of Engineering’s commitments.
Sponsorship: we offer a “Buddy” or peer sponsorship program to welcome incoming students. This system helps a smooth integration of students and their academic success.
Accommodation: our teams also help incoming students to find accommodation. Each campus provides a list of available accommodation on its website. This information is available in the «find out more/international students ” heading of the campus you are interested in.
Health insurance: if you are applying for the first time to a higher education institution in France and you do not have a social security number, you must register on this site to be eligible for the support of your health expenses for the period of your studies. This registration is free and compulsory and will give you access to reimbursement of your health expenses. To benefit from the best possible reimbursement of your health expenses, you can subscribe to an additional health insurance scheme or a health mutual insurance.
Bank account: opening a bank account and all the other steps necessary for settling in France are also under the supervision of our teams.
Also check the “International Students” pages in the “get informed” section of the campus you are interested in.
Learn more about our tutions fees.
Do you have any further questions?